Your ENT physician or general practitioner referred you to our Polyclinic because an operation is to be discussed for your treatment or because the equipment and experience of a university hospital is necessary. In our university outpatient clinic we will treat you with the latest medical knowledge. With our team of doctors and nurses we can offer you the entire diagnostic and therapeutic spectrum of ear, nose and throat medicine.
Appointment consultation hour
In order to shorten any waiting times, it is possible to make outpatient appointments at our ENT Polyclinic. (Appointment allocation under +49 89 4140 2390)
We ask for your understanding that in the event of a delay on your part, a new appointment may have to be made in order to ensure that the appointment is held on time.
If your illness makes it necessary, we work together with other departments of the University Hospital rechts der Isar on an interdisciplinary basis to provide you with comprehensive diagnostics and treatment.
Please remember that since 01.01.2018 we require a referral slip at the presentation in our polyclinic.
Due to current data protection regulations (DSGVO), we kindly ask you to bring all existing findings to the presentation in our clinic. (e.g. imaging burned on a CD and relevant findings, histology, etc.)
Special consultation hours
Special consultation hours are a feature of our clinic in which experts from our clinic will provide the newest treatments based on the latest studies. Further information can be found under the heading “special consultation hours”.
An outpatient surgery under general anesthesia will be performed: Usually surgery preparation takes place on the day prior the surgery day.
- For this purpose, please be at our ENT ward D0b (formerly 3/12) at 8.00 a.m.
- Our nursing staff will interview you concerning your relevant secondary diagnoses and special needs.
- During the day an examination and a discussion of the operation procedures will be performed by a doctor.
- You will also have an appointment in the premedication clinic, where an anesthesiologist will answer all questions about anesthesia with you.
- At 2:00 p.m. (Fridays at 1:00 p.m.) the patient presentation takes place in the polyclinic / ENT outpatient clinic. Your ward doctor will introduce you to the director of the clinic or his deputy.
- Occasionally, further examinations for optimal preparation for your operation are necessary, which we will organize for you as soon as possible.
Preparation for outpatient surgery can take all day, even if we always try hard to process as fast as possible! If all further examination is done and all questions are asked, you may go home.
- We ask you to report to the nursing staff on the day of the operation at the discussed time.
- If possible you will receive your room shortly after.
- The operation takes place between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Please note that we do not guarantee the preplaned time of surgery, as we have to adapt the surgical schedule to the requirements of the day (e.g. emergency procedures).
- After the monitoring phase in the ENT recovery room, a monitoring is still necessary for several hours (usually four to six hours), in which you also should take a rest from the procedure and anesthesia.
- Finally a doctor will pay you a visit: You will receive information about rules of conduct and any further treatment steps.
If problems arise at home, we will of course be available for you 24/7.